6 bedroom detached house
West End, Witton Le Wear, Bishop Auckland DL14
- Stone built, six bedroom, detached property
- Sought after rural location
- Sun room extension to the rear
- Accommodation over four floors
- Extensive views over local countryside
- Internal viewing essential
* for sale via the modern method of auction* occupying an elevated position, overlooking the wear valley, we are privileged to offer to the market this six bedroom, individually stone built detached property. The property wont fail to impress you on entry, with a great deal of expenditure by the current owners, and has the added advantage of being extended to the rear, bespoke, hand crafted kitchen, three bathrooms, solid oak flooring, ground floor level which is currently being used as a gym and workshop, extensive, landscaped rear garden, single garage and large driveway to the front, accessed via electric gates. The location is superb providing easy commuting distance to major towns and major road links. An internal inspection is absolutely essential to appreciate the attributes and presentation of this fine family home.
With tiled flooring.
With stairs to first floor landing, Oak flooring, under stairs cupboard and radiator.
Lounge/Dining Room (32' 7'' x 29' 8'' (9.94m x 9.04m))
With solid Oak flooring throughout, stone Inglenook style fireplace with French Doors to Sun Room, two radiators, double glazed window.
Fitted with w.C. Pedestal wash hand basin, radiator and tiled floor.
Kitchen (17' 5'' x 13' 11'' (5.30m x 4.24m))
Open plan to Sun Room and fitted with a Bespoke, hand crafted kitchen, painted in Farrow and Ball Stiffkey, comprising of wall and base units and central island, integrated dishwasher, fitted wine chiller, fitted bean to cup coffee machine, ceramic sink unit, Redfire stove set in inglenook, slate tiled flooring, radiator, spots to ceiling, access door to garage.
Sun Room/ Family Room (28' 2'' x 15' 7'' (8.58m x 4.76m))
An outstanding addition to the property with Dining area and far reaching views over local countryside. Fitted multi fuel burner, three velux style windows, windows with shutter blinds, Oak flooring and double doors leading to raised decking area.
Integral Garage with plumbing for washing machine, electric roller shutter door, power and light.
First Floor Landing
With stairs to next floor, double glazed window and radiator.
Bedroom 1 (18' 10'' x 11' 7'' (5.73m x 3.52m))
Two double glazed window with extensive views, radiator and built in wardrobe.
Fitted with a corner shower enclosure, pedestal wash hand basin, w.C. Tiled floor, spots to ceiling and double glazed window.
Bedroom 2 (15' 2'' x 14' 10'' (4.62m x 4.51m))
With double glazed window and radiator.
Bedroom 3 (12' 4'' x 11' 10'' (3.76m x 3.60m))
With double glazed window, fitted wardrobe and radiator
Currently used as a dressing room, with three double fitted wardrobes, double glazed window and radiator.
Comprising of bath, shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin, w.C. Tiled floor, spots to ceiling, heated towel rail, double glazed window and cupboard
Bedroom 5 (16' 1'' x 13' 0'' (4.89m x 3.96m))
With two Velux style windows, cupboard and radiator.
Fitted with a shower enclosure, wash hand basin in unit, w.C. Heated towel rail, tiled floor and extractor fan.
Bedroom 6 (16' 1'' x 12' 4'' (4.89m x 3.77m))
With two Velux style windows and radiator
Lower Ground Floor
Follows the full footprint of the house and consists of a number of rooms which could be used for a variety of uses.
Room 1 (28' 3'' x 14' 9'' (8.60m x 4.50m))
Basement area included a large gym area and large storage area to the rear. The basement is fully lit and heated overlooking the rear garden
Room 2 (34' 8'' x 17' 2'' (10.57m x 5.22m))
Radiator and door leading to ...
Two storage cupboards
Accessed via electric gates, an enclosed landscaped front garden with driveway and paths and steps to the rear garden.
A stunning, spacious garden with a stone flagged sun terrace leading to a lawned area which has flower borders and hedge. The ground floor is accessed from the terrace, with the decked area above.
Planning consent was granted in September 2018 for further developments to the property, which can be viewed via County Durham Planning Portal Reference:
*for sale via modern method of auction*