5 bedroom detached house
Swan House, Bothel, Wigton, Cumbria CA7
Lot **for sale by auction** on 7th November at 12:00 at Kensington Town Hall, 195 Hornton Street, Kensington, London W8 7NX
An imposing Grade II listed five bedroom detached house occupying a generous plot in an elevated position within the popular village of Bothel, benefitting from views to the Lakeland Fells.
The property is situated just to the north of Lake District National Park, within 8 miles of Cockermouth, and approximately 12.5 miles from Keswick.
Viewing is recommended.
Local Authority Allerdale Borough Council
EPC Rating E
By prior appointment with the auctioneers
Ground FloorExterior3 reception rooms, study / office, kitchen, utility room, shower roomDriveway with ample parking, detached double garage, front & rear gardens, orchard areaFirst FloorOil Heating5 bedrooms, bathroomNo warranty is given for its working order For viewing times, or agents' details, please go to the Harman Healy website. Interested parties must rely on their own inspection. Measurements are not taken by the auctioneers.
Legal documentation can be downloaded for free from our website.
For viewing details please go to the Harman Healy website
Guide price definition - Guide prices are provided as an indication of the sellers current minimum acceptable price at auction. They are not necessarily figures that a property will sell for, and may change at any time prior to the auction. The guide price may not be the minimum sale price, which can be higher or lower.
Reserve price definition - The reserve price is the minimum acceptable price under the hammer, which remains confidential, and may change at any time prior to the auction. Unless otherwise stated, each property will be sold subject to a reserve. The reserve is expected to be set no more than 10% above a fixed figure guide price, or within a guide price range.
General enquiries: Please read the important information below first and visit our website, which will answer most of your questions.
- Please refer to the Special Conditions of Sale & General Conditions of Sale for details of any additional fees, costs or disbursements (if applicable), which will form part of the contract.
- If you are the successful bidder, contracts are exchanged immediately upon the fall of the hammer.
- A 10% deposit subject to a minimum of £2,000 (whichever is the greater) is payable at the point of exchange, along with a £1,000 (including VAT) contracts administration charge.
- Successful bidders are required to show proof of identity (eg. Current passport or driving licence) & proof of address (e.g. Utility bill or bank statement). If buying in a company name we need a letter of authority on company letterhead, as well a proof of id & address for a company director or secretary.
- To bid by telephone or proxy we must be holding the deposit, admin fee, proof of id & address & telephone / proxy bidding form at least two working days prior to the auction. The telephone / proxy bidding form can be downloaded from our website.
- If bidding on behalf of someone else, the bidder must have a letter of authority from the purchaser, copies of the purchaser's id documents, as well as their own.
- The period allowed for completion of the sale varies but will usually be either 14,21 or 28 days after the auction, depending on the terms of the contract.
- The golden rule is know what you are bidding on and make sure you have the necessary finance in place before attending the auction. Once you have successfully bid on a property you have entered into a legally binding contract