- Development opportunity
- Full planning permission granted
- Over 7100 sqft of accommodation
- Vaulted ceilings & exposed beams
- Ockwells is A short distance of town & station
An opportunity to build a unique home in a superb location. Full planning permission to replace existing stables providing over 7100 sqft of stunning accommodation with vaulted ceilings and exposed beamed living spaces.
The secluded former polo stables are within a short distance of Maidenhead Crossrail station and the M4 motorway (J8/9). Although only minutes away from Maidenhead and transport links, the site enjoys a secluded countryside location.
Set back from Ockwells Road the plot is accessed via a private hedge lined drive and abuts Ockwells Manor to the West being one of the finest medieval wood framed buildings in the country. Ockwells Manor benefits from a National Trust Covenant, protecting it and the wider area from overdevelopment.
Ockwells Park is situated to the East and includes a newly formed 86 acre reserve and wetlands project.
Only 3 minutes from Junction 8/9 of the M4 & close to the M40 and the M25.
1.5m to Maidenhead Centre and Cross Rail Train Station.
Central London, the West End and The City will be accessible within 40-50 minutes. The site enjoys a private setting overlooking green belt polo fields and nearby park land with the newly formed 86 acre Thrift Wood nature reserve and wetlands project.
Surroundings are also protected by a National Trust covenant, preserving the wider area of
Ockwells Manor ensuring the site will stay green and pleasant.
The design closely follows the existing former stable buildings to blend with the existing local
characteristics but combines traditional oak beamed double height spaces with modern design,
incorporating large open plan spaces with practical rooms and layout.
The ‘U’ shaped design maximizes reception and living areas at the back and left side. The right side has been designed for flexible living and could form part of the house as guest accommodation, gym and spa, or could be used more autonomously as a workshop space or home office.
7160 sq ft.
5/6 Bedrooms all ensuite.
4 Reception areas.
Open plan kitchen and dining areas with 4m high beamed ceilings.
Double aspect kitchen, dining and living rooms.
Additional flexible accommodation for an office suite, swimming pool/gym/spa/staff rooms.
Double height glazing for feature windows.
Central courtyard garden offers open space with minimal maintenance.
Full planning obtained in July 2019 by the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
(Planning Ref: 19/01932).
7,160 sq. Ft. Internal area. A change to the current consent to increase the size or changes
to the internal layout could be sought (although ridge height increase is unlikely).
No cil (Community Infrastructure Levy) payable on the development.
We have been informed Stamp Duty is payable at the lower commercial rate (giving a saving over the residential rate).
We have been informed there are no onerous planning conditions or pre-commencement
Condition of planning is to provide cycle and refuge storage enabling a garage style building to be added.
Ideal self build/own home project as development is easy and low in build costs due to:
Simple and low height design – can adopt traditional build or pre-fab/SIPs techniques.
Favourable soil conditions for simple foundations (trial pit available).
Good site access and storage, site easy to secure.
3 phase electric and mains water available onsite for build.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.