Battisford Road, Hitcham, Ipswich, Suffolk IP7
- Rare opportunity to acquire a pair of barns with consent for residential conversion
- Contrasting styles; one timber and one steel frame
- Wonderful rural location overlooking open countryside
- Convenient access to Stowmarket, Hadleigh, Bury and Ipswich
- Available as a pair or individually
- Additional land may be available by separate negotiation
- Planning references: Babergh District Council: DC/19/00557 and 00574
- Highly recommended
A steel frame agricultural barn with planning consent to convert to residential use occupying a superb rural location with access to Stowmarket, Hadleigh, Ipswich and Bury St.Edmunds.
- Stowmarket - approx. 6 miles
- Hadleigh - approx. 9.5 miles
- Ipswich - approx. 18 miles
A former grain store consisting of a fibre cement clad steel frame with a concrete floor.
Planning consent was passed in March 2019 and the application documentation can be viewed on the Babergh District Council planning portal at The planning references is DC/19/00557
The property occupies a wonderful rural setting next to open countryside and enjoys stunning views.
A generous garden area has been allocated to the barn, however the seller may consider selling additional land by separate negotiation.
Hitch am is a picturesque mid-Suffolk village with its own store, pub, village hall and a beautiful church. Nearby Stowmarket offers a range of day to day amenities ranging from shopping to leisure and various pubs, bars and restaurants. There is a regular commuting service to London Liverpool Street. The A14 gives access to neighbouring Bury St.Edmunds and Ipswich. There is a range of local schooling comprising both state and independent.